Look of the Day: Damir Doma at Oki-Ni

Style : Waking up this morning and heading out early for an appointment, I really wanted to go to the beach to enjoy this glorious sun! But after having some blood taken, and dramatically fainting - it was a silly fasting one and I was VERY hungry and lacking sugar - I decided it wasn't a good idea...

Never the less, in the spirit of what could be a great summer, and with me taking my first holiday to Los Angeles next month (I've only ever been for work) I thought this look is one of the hottest for the season.

Damir Doma is a Croatian born designer who grew up in one of the most visionary European cities, Berlin, and has worked in the Raf Simons and Dirk Schoenberger in Antwerp.

Doma launched his own label in 2006 and in 2007 debuted at Paris Fashion Week - a fast transition that has seen him create some 'thoughtful and sensitive' collections. But it is his use of fabrics, which are often sheer, and his draped silhouettes that have given his offerings a strong sense of identity and is a very contemporary view on what men should be wearing.

So here is my chosen look for today:

Red ‘Thenar’ Vest






I am an avid vest wearer but this drop arm hole is a great twist on a staple item. The raw, unfinished hem gives this piece an effortless ruggedness but with 80% cotton and 20% silk it's a luxurious piece without being ostentatious in anyway.

The O Trouser






I like trousers with pockets. Lot of pocket room is something skinny jeans don't have. My BlackBerry Bold, keys, chunky Comme Des Garcon gold wallet have to go somewhere and these trousers look perfect. With a drop crotch and carrot leg, are a relaxed and romantic, the easy going trouser reminisces the relaxed music communities in California. But its the drawstring waistband that makes it its own.

‘Femerus’ Sandal





I saved the best until last; the gladiator style ‘Femerus’ sandal is just divine. I know the style of sandle was popular for women about 2 or 3 years ago, but it's the mens turn to have a go. Looking incredibly comfortable but not so much that it looks orthopedic, I think the heel zip detail makes these one of the best accessories pieces from the Doma collection for S/S10.
Save Look of the Day: Damir Doma at Oki-Ni on social network:

Sections


Archive