YSL menswear and sneakers

Style :

Last week I took a trip down to Sloane Street where I dropped into the Knightsbridge branch of Yves Saint Laurent. The store is the biggest in London, more so than the boutique on Bond Street which, shamefully, I have never visited yet I remember when it was the old Gucci store. A few weeks ago I blogged about the new Stefano Pilati sneakers but here I discovered a few more styles to the range, which made me smile the a kid in a candy shop. The stunning collection launched only a few weeks ago in smooth nubucks, grained calf leather and exotic skins. The high-tops were displayed like hanging fruits from a golden tree which made them even more appealing and of course, desirable. 




I spotted these two pieces which made me laugh as they show the brand is not afraid to jovially play on its heritage and famed design past. The French Bulldog above is a portrait silhouette of Moujik (pronounced magic) or at least one of the many he owned and named the same.  I like stories like this because they are for those 'in the know' rather than just representing a random illustration of a dog, which although sweet looses any message. 

The print below is a play on their famed over-sized YSL logo which has adorned many a satirical torso. I think the men are former designers or people of note, but forgot to ask if there was, like the Moujik t-shirt, a story behind it. 



J'Adore. The pattern perforated design as well as the laceless profile is a key trend for autumn winter 2011 and will continue into 2012, as will the stacked profile - this time here in clear rubber.  Also something that caught my eye was the 1980s styled original YSL high-tops with the high-shine fabric - the signature and red, white and blue logo is quintessentially French. Oh, la la...





I couldn't resist giving my favorite YSL sneakers in nubuck a try, which fitted amazingly and were just incredible to the touch with the soft suede combined with the smooth leather saddling. I thought the famed studded 'Y' holdall would go well in the image because like these sneakers, has become a classic investment and beacon of style for the label. 


Save YSL menswear and sneakers on social network:

Sections


Archive