McQ AW11 Menswear and Footwear

Style :

On my travels last week, I dropped into the Alexander McQueen press office to check out the autumn winter McQ collection which has seen a real push of late. I blogged a while back about their awesome tumblr account which featured some shots from a series shot by Niall O'Brian and has, too, been a real treat this season. 

The collection has taken, I think, a commercial direction that mixes in some contemporary details to produce a strong collection. This knitwear piece really caught my eye as I think the military green is on trend for autumn winter - as well as the classic cable design - but I liked the ribbed necked collar that comes high on the body, as well as the black fabric contrast. 


The collection has a graffiti feel, particularly with these prints which I honed on in immediately. There is a street culture rise in brands for autumn winter 2011 which has rose from the American West coast and a return to the grass roots of creative culture. I really, really like the jersey and denim hooded jacket below which would look great with jeans and a simple white t-shirt on top, with Converse on the foot. 

The crown t-shirt in black is commercial with a twist and I find the scratched graffiti printed tee irreverent yet has an aesthetic which speaks from its street roots. It is great though, for a good few minutes, seeing how many different inscriptions you can find. 





These pieces, above and below, show that the brand not only references the avent garde, with this subtle shredded tee, but the classic with a simple striped green jumper with shoulder button detail. 



The McQ footwear is some of the strongest I have seen and incorporates a number of key profiles for autumn winter 2011. The classic brogue in chocolate is simple and understated, whilst the military boot with two-tone leather upper is a great update on a classic. The Spectator is not a profile which I would necessarily choose for myself, but is, here, incredible well done as is the sheer white Derby shoe. Just the smoothness of the leather is an asset to the pieces and the quality in their construction. 

The tan walking boot is a sporty addition and nod to the hiker trend which continues to Autumn Winter 2011 but the piece I will looking to own is the dark tan, burnished grained high utility boot with white stacked sole. Stunning. 


               




Save McQ AW11 Menswear and Footwear on social network:

Sections


Archive