LuisaViaRoma x Firenze 4ever (part 2)

Style :

Florence is beautiful and I have fully been enjoying the Renaissance architecture, exquisite food and great local wines during time outs at LuisaViaRoma. Most bloggers will be back home now but I am staying on for Pitti Uomo and a two day visit to Milan. 

This weekend I, like all bloggers, had the opportunity to style a shoot/three looks using AW12 collections from the LuisaViaRoma store at 19/21 Via Roma, Florence. I took these pictures of, what I think, is one of my strongest looks. Using Givenchy, DSquared and Rick Owens, I wanted to create a look - and I tried to involve this thinking into all my images - that mixed London and Italy. So taking some London attitude with some Italian smart sensibilites of dressing, produced this look. 

My team (model, photographer and assistant) was amazing and I could not have done it without their help! My model is not only as such but a small-time designer with a friend BUT a trainee diplomat who has not long returned from Vietnam. 



This stunning room, and the other images below, are from the  Pharmacy Santa Maria Novella which was started in the 16th century by Dominican friars. The store is more like a museum and/or a chapel with antiquities, archive material, manuscripts and other ancient artifacts. 

The various soaps, fragrances, candles and other smelly goods are not cheap but this really is the creme of bathroom accessories and indulgences. As I was looking around, I noticed a corner which almost turned back on itself and I found a small chapel covered in fresco of various religious scenes - and it was, incredibly, a book store on perfumes. Apparently there is one in London but I do not think going would be of any benefit besides replenishing anything bought from here - it is an experience and one that I would happily repeat again. 





Part of the Firenze 4Ever LuisaViaRoma treats was a party by Mulberry to celebrate the launch of the book. Although we were in Italy, we were treated to English tea, champagne and elderflower cordial as well as sandwiches with their crusts cut of, naturally.  More excitingly, they had a traditional Victoria sponge which we were invited to decorate ourselves.  As you can see, I was fully exited and involved in this process - as well as having a few shots done in front of the giant blow up Bayswater bag. The chef really liked my Oliver Peoples Gregory Peck frames, and they went down well with the LusiaViaRoma staff who have the Balmain collaboration OP's in their store. 

I also met and had a great and legnthy chat with designer Tom Robel who I had used during my shoot. I was going to record an interview however it would have disrupted a great afternoon. Maybe next time...












And one final image, Florence and the Tuscan hills by evening - a stunning end to a stunning long weekend. 

Save LuisaViaRoma x Firenze 4ever (part 2) on social network:

Sections


Archive