Style :
HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY
LAST STYLE OF DEFENSE

Two years ago today, Last Style of Defense started with a post about Lewis Hamilton, the racing driver, becoming the face of Marks and Spencer men's which had not yet been released at the time. It was exciting crafting my first post on a basic looking page that took a few hours to, then, get right in terms of look and feel.

A few months before that, Last Style of Defense had not yet a name - that took a good few weeks to create -  and was the musings of two friends, myself and Hunter Cordell in Dallas, Texas to who could make the best blog. 

A year before that I had graduated with a BA (Hons) Fashion Journalism degree from UCA Epsom and was working for Attitude magazine as their Nightlife Editor, as well as writing for the now defunct websites London Kicks and Adones as well as the highly influential The Glass magazine. My passion for communicating the cool, edgy and creative was set in motion but filling that need in between jobs fueled my need to start a blog.

Whilst all of this was going on, I was working with Jodie Harsh, as his PA, submerging myself into the creative and hedonistic London fashion scene, getting to know what makes this great city tick - and I quickly found out that the London fashion scene, east London crowd and small, independent brands were the cogs in this almost magical wheel.

So here is Last Style of Defense two years on and over 1 million readers in 184 countries world-wide have passed by and enjoyed news, comment and the hottest products from London and Los Angeles - a city that is enjoying the creative bubbles that London, once and, continues to enjoy. It has not been easy trying to get the best bits of menswear communicated to you all, trugging around London Fashion Week, enduring mnay hours on a plane to Los Angeles and even carrying the weight of a small child in lookbooks through the streets to Florence to post home. Also holding a full-time job as a Men's Trends Analyst for a global company made crafting my posts tricky but thats the thrill and passion that blogging, for me, holds.

But without my readers, from the UK, USA to Singapore and Australia, Last Style of Defense would not have reached its 2nd birthday. And also to publications such as Vogue Italia and Grazia, stores such as My-Wardrobe, LuisaViaRoma and Mr Porter who have promoted me along the way, and everyone from ASOS to Jimmy Choo, Givenchy, Roberto Cavalli, Lanvin , Oliver Peoples and YSL who have kept me abreast of the hottest men's products as well as supplied with with some world exclusives. Not forgetting all the independant brands and labels, students and other bloggers who keep my faith in menswear alive as they are the key to the growing sucess and ongoing highlight of the male side of the global fashion industry.

Here is to another year....

Dan

X



Save on social network:

Sections


Archive