John Varvatos x Converse

Style :

It was about 8 years ago that I bought my first pair of Converse sneakers. Yet they were not the traditional Chuck Taylor high or low tops, but a pair of limited edition John Varvatos for Converse, bought at a boutique in Durham City. I think this may have been my the start of a serious sneaker addiction that has been well documented here.

With close, almost emotional, ties with the collaboration, I am pleased to see that the rugged, all American look has not wavered. The distressed look may instantly give the impression they have been kicked, scuffed and lived in for two or three years, but retaining a strong identity.

I am not always a great fan of sneaker collaberations because they often stray from the true stylistic aesthetic of the brand. However, I think this is a strong one and I would love to get my hands on - and feet in - both of these pairs. OK, they may look a little juvenile with the printed soles but no body is really going to see those, are they?

These pairs are available at ASOS and are priced at £90 (for the red stripe) and £110 (for the grey).



Save John Varvatos x Converse on social network:

Sections


Archive