London Fashion Week: Lou Dalton autumn/winter 2010/11

Style :

It was a shame that Lou Dalton did not show on the catwalk because her collection really deserves a catwalk. However, one great thing is that, unlike sitting on the second or third row, you can go and really look at the pieces.

Dalton has long been a favourite designer of mine, and here her Fashion East presentation last Wednesday at LFW Menswear Day reaffirms my love for the label.


I want/need this 8-buttoned, collared peacoat in navy-blue which look great with the Oxford boots. The tartan trousers are humorous, but on the right side of wearable, but, are not for me. However, I can really see them taking hold on the street's of London. I saw a lot of tartan through out the day, mostly in red, but it is one of the hottest looks of the forthcoming season.


This has to be one of the hottest accessories of the upcoming season; the backwards peaked school boy cap. It comes down low on the back of the neck in an almost dovetail shape. Again, I want one. I don't suit hats, but i really don't care. It is a great shade of deep blue, not quite midnight but not quite navy. Also, look at that jaw line - however thats something we can't buy in stores.

Also I really like the how the grey marl, knit jumper pops out from under the navy padded waistcoat - it almost looks like military piping on the shoulder. Teamed with navy trousers with half, pleated kilt detail it is really unusual, but great, to see this attached. I really like this detailing.
However, I remember the skirt-over-trouser trend that trickled down from Gucci and made its way to the high street and town markets, but lets hope this does not return for us boys. Or at all.



Another triumphant collection, I can't wait until it hits the stores.
Save London Fashion Week: Lou Dalton autumn/winter 2010/11 on social network:

Sections


Archive