My Wedding - Blog Crawl

Style :
It's royal wedding day and thus, this romatically themed blog party is in full swing...



For my wedding week post, I thought why not give you a little glimpse of my special day.
I was married 6 years ago on July 16th.
It was the hottest day of the year and pouring rain and was almost like an African monsoon actually- boiling hot but wet and turned out to be just magical- the light was stunning and although my cake literally melted, I wouldn't have changed a thing.
I planned every detail myself and loved the rustic setting...we got married in barn with gorgeous escarpment views and a stunning guest house that we rented for the weekend...the whole place was ours and it was really lovely.
I used crystal candelabras as centerpieces on the long rectangular tables and had chandeliers hanging from ropes and the ceiling rafters.
We served a sit down dinner and also had mimosas, oysters and delicious cocktail goodies...as I said before, the cake melted so we'll leave that out:)
I wore a modified mermaid dress by Rahmanian Huate Couture, a silk long veil and simple white orchid bouqet.
My sister was my bridesmaid and my daughter was my husband's best kid...in a tux no less.
What else...we had a live band who was AMAZING and sparkles at the end of the night- it actually was a ridiculously fun wedding, if I do say so myself:)

Here's a little look at my day- I apologize for the dark/slightly blurry photos- I just scanned my proofs so they aren't the best quality but you get the idea.
My favourite photos are framed in my house so these are a selection of ones we didn't order.
My photographer was Karen Whylie of Coyote Photographs and was just brilliant at capturing our day the way we wanted- totally unstaged and natural...we had a poloroid booth as well, which actually ended up being one of my favourite parts of the day- the photos are among my most loved.

It was a magical day and one I'll never forget.























I hope you enjoyed and make sure you link over to see the other gorgeous wedding posts.
 
Enjoy the rest of the royal wedding coverage- I plan to be glued to the tv ALL day!!

xo
Photobucket
Save My Wedding - Blog Crawl on social network:

Sections


Archive