Style in Seven - Nichole from Parlour

Style :


Good morning and girls and boys...you're in for a real treat here today.
I'm so happy to welcome Nichole, from the stunning blog Parlour.
I feel so lucky to have met this amazingly sweet and talented blogger in person and let me just tell you, she's even more charming in real life.
Nichole's blog is a constant source of inspiration and I'm always completed awed by the way in which she can transform a piece of furniture into a distinctly feminine thing of beauty...she has a lovely fresh style that is steeped in a love for vintage glamour.
I'm so excited to share with you her divine Style in Seven.

.......

Hi all!  This is Nichole from Parlour, and I just want to say I'm super excited about Christine's invite to be involved in her "Style in 7" series.  It is one of my absolute favorites.  She has been one of the sweetest bloggers I have come across.  The kicker though, is that she is as talented as she is sweet.  But, I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.  She's the best!

Sooo, with that, let's get started with my 7 style must haves...
1.  Historical.  I am seriously obsessed with history.  If it's old or has an element of history to it, chances are I will like it.  If it's semi-quirky, even better.  I find that if you add something that has some age to it, and is even maybe a little decrepit, it truly gives a depth to a design that, typically cannot be found in something shiny, and new.


2.  Luxury.  Who doesn't love a little luxury.  If there is velvet, silk or gold anything...I'm in.  Combine them, and I'm in luxe heaven.


3.  Femininity.  I know this is hard for some people to identify or jump on board with.  But, being a girl, and knowing that interiors are meant to be inviting, comfortable and yes, pretty.  I can't help but let a little bit of femininity seep in there to help it along.


4. Metals.  I LOVE metals.  Shiny metals specifically, although sometimes, nothing is better than a good patina on an old candlestick or bowl.  This is the sparkly jewelry aspect of design.  It adds a little something special, don't you think? 


5. Bohemian.  I definitely have a incense burning, Moroccan Lamp loving, hippie side.  If it's earthy, hand-made, and worn I will definitely give it a second look.  I love adding details of the Bohemian persuasion to give a space the warmth and familiarity that makes a place feel like home.


6. Color.  Using color can be tricky, and yet can add SO much to your home.  My favorite thing to do is have a basic white background (floors, walls, even furniture) and then add some special colorful pieces to "sunny" it up.

7.  Mix It Up.  This is the just of what I do.  I'm a mixer, not a matcher.  I think it makes interiors infinitely more interesting.  So typically, I take a bit from each of my previously shown "styles" and throw them all together for a personal and unique outcome than is mine alone.


There you have it.  My "Style in 7!"  Cristine sets the bar high, so I knew I had better bring my A-game.  Want to thank Christine again for the invite to meet you all.  Hope you guys enjoyed it.  I surely did.  Come by and see me sometime over on Parlour.  I'd love to have you.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

 .......

I'm literally dying over every single one of these boards and simply adore Nichole's beautifully eclectic style.
You can see more of it by checking out her fabulous blog HERE.

Later loverbugs,

xo

Photobucket
Save Style in Seven - Nichole from Parlour on social network:

Sections


Archive